29th & 30th October, 1-6pm both days
This class takes place at Open Space Studios, Hove
See their website for the address, accessibility, transport & facilities info.
Tickets are now on sale for this one-off full weekend partials class, aiming to help you with the next stage of your rope journey.
Do you want to take your rope from the floor to the air? This class will consolidate your floorwork knowledge and give you the skills you need to play with partial suspensions.
This class will cover:
- Reviewing the basics (Single Column Tie, Box of Safety, Frictions)
- Setting & maintaining tensions
- Accessible chest harness pattern
- Futomomo (folded leg tie) harness pattern
- Partial uplines and lockoffs
- Using uplines to help with body manipulation
- Managing your body in partial suspension
- How to reduce risks of injury via body awareness & communication
- Partial suspension in freestyle tying
- Using leftover uplines for play
This class is aimed at anyone who has been to our classes before, or anyone who wants to move from floor rope to partial suspensions.
Minimum skill requirement for riggers is knowledge of a single column tie and some basic rope handling. For bottoms, please have good body awareness and ability to clearly communicate your needs in rope. If you’re not sure whether you have the skills to attend, please email/message us.
- 5-6 ropes minimum (we can lend some for the class but let us know in advance if you need this as we only have a limited amount).
- Ropes should be 6-10 metres long and 5-7mm thick. Cotton/silk and any rope with a lot of stretch isn’t suitable for suspension. We recommend natural jute/hemp but you can also use hempex or other non-stretch synthetic ropes – if you’re not sure whether your ropes are ok for this, please ask!
- We will provide carabiners, however if you choose to buy your own you will need to ensure they are rated for lifting to 22KN minimum and that they are lockable
- Safety/EMT shears or similar for cutting ropes in case of emergency
- Any other equipment you like to use in rope, eg blindfolds etc
- A notebook/pen
- Clothes you’re comfortable moving in (for both tops and bottoms) – layers are good – avoid jeans and lycra type fabrics
- Water/sugary drinks
- Any blankets/cushions you want to use
- Any medications or sensory items you might need
All events are subject to our Infection Prevention & Control rules, this includes booking in pairs with a pre-arranged tying partner.